NYFA 2017 Panel Discussion - PRODUCING CONTENT IN THE SOCIAL AGE: Opportunities and Challenges
NOTE: Please read the important notes below
Social Media has forever changed the meaning of ‘Content’. But what is content? What are the opportunities and challenges that a content producer face today?
This session is part of the National Youth Film Awards 2017.
Banker-turned-producer, Kenneth co-leads the team at Monstrou Studio, a producer and distributor of original content with live-action TV, 3D animation, and Motion Capture (MoCap) capabilities. Together with the team, Kenneth helps to develop and create insightful programming with a difference.
Since joining Monstrou Studio in 2010, Kenneth has produced titles that have connected with audience world-wide; such as Halal Galore, a Chinese food travelogue; Salam Ramadhan,ahe widely received info-ed series on how Muslims around the world observe the holy month; as well as Hands of Love (大手牵小手), a parent-centric talk show on the challenges and happiness of first-time parenthood. Most recently, he produced the 2015 Singapore Stories: Wild Cards, a documentary for Discovery Asia.
Priscilla Khoo, Scripps Network Interactive
Priscilla Khoo is part of the core team of producers at Scripps Networks Interactive Asia. She is responsible for content strategy and development, and supervision of commissioned lifestyle shows, from pitch to delivery for Asian Food Channel (AFC) and HGTV across Southeast Asia.
With over 17 years of industry experience spanning across cable networks and some of the region’s leading production and television format companies, Priscilla has some of Asia’s biggest pan-regional reality show productions like The Apprentice Asia and The Amazing Race Asia (Season 2 & 3) under her belt and have consulted for localised Asian versions of The Big Brother and Deal Or No Deal.
Prior to joining Scripps Networks, Priscilla has also served as Associate Director of Commercial Production Services at AXN, Sony Pictures Television Networks Asia, specialising in branded content and was also a freelance senior producer and television director. She has also had stints at Endemol Shine Asia and Channel NewsAsia.
NYFA 2017 WEEKEND (30 June and 1 July) seeks to bring outreach and awareness of the film and media industry in Singapore to a new scale with a series of talks, workshops and screenings of previous NYFA-winning films.
As part of SHINE Festival 2017, the event hopes to encourage more youths to engage in various aspects of film-making, as well as to inspire through enriching media touch points by our industry partners. These activities also aim to reverse the common understanding of Singapore’s film and media industry through creative activities that are interactive and niche. For other NYFA talks and workshops, please visit:
IMPORTANT NOTES -- PLEASE READ
1) I consent to the collection, use and retention of my personal data by*SCAPE and the National Youth Council for the purposes of processing, servicing and managing my registration for the event.
2) I will inform *SCAPE and the National Youth Council immediately of any changes to my contact details and/or personal data in order that *SCAPE and the National Youth Council are able to contact me for all matters relating to the event.
3) I consent to the disclosure of my personal data by *SCAPE and the National Youth Council to authorise third parties for the latter to collect, use and retain my personal data for the purposes of processing, servicing and managing my registration and participation for the event.
4) I understand that photography and/or videography will be taken during the event for news and publicity purposes and may be used for print and on online/electronic platforms.
5) I acknowledge that *SCAPE and the National Youth Council own all rights to the photographs and video recordings.
6) If I do not wish to have any photographs or video recordings taken of me, I will inform *SCAPE and the National Youth Council, at the event site.
7) I agree to receive updates on future engagement events and programmes organised by*SCAPE and the National Youth Council, benefits and promotions as well as to be informed about opportunities to contribute, share opinions and/or feedback via email, text messages, electronic mailers and/or post.
- The event description was updated. Diff#255638 2017-06-20 08:58:19
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM SGT
- *SCAPE Gallery
Free Seating (Refundable) SOLD OUT $5.00 Free Seating FULL
- Venue Address
- 2 Orchard Link, Level 5 Singapore
Take Passenger Lift up to Level 5 and turn left.
*SCAPE Co. Ltd3,190 Followers